Based on our travels and experiences of close family and friends, we have listed below, places we consider are good to stay at. We are not recommending these places in any way, and we do not receive any income for providing this information. The typical tariff at these hotels is upwards of Rs 1000 a night, though some resorts and high-end properties may cost significantly more (actuals may vary, so please check with the hotels directly).
In most places, there are also other options across budgets. You will find this under the Other information section of many temple-specific pages.
- Raya’s Grand (Website), 0435-2426611, Directions (Map)
- Indeco Swamimalai (Website), 0435-2480044, Directions (Map)
- Kyriad Swamimalai (Website), +91 435 2481700, Directions (Map)
- Lately, there are several more options in Kumbakonam itself
- A short distance outside Kumbakonam (on the road to Mayiladuthurai) is Tiruvidaimaruthur. Aditya Resorts (website,+91-8754479256/57/58) has several serviced apartments here, which can be convenient for visiting temples in and around the place. (Directions/Map)
- Also outside Kumbakonam (near TIruvidaimaruthur), is Mantra Koodam resort.
- Several options in town, and around the Meenakshi Amman temple
- Marriott Courtyard, Madurai (website), Directions (Map)
- Gateway Pasumalai (website), Directions (Map)
- Sri Nivas Guest House (website, +91-9751444044)
- Hotel Lakshmi (Website), 04362-278161, Directions (Map)
- Svatma (Website), 04362-273222, Directions (Map)
- Various hotels in the city, no lack of options